LED replacement indicator bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED replacement indicator bulbs

WOW just purchased a pair of a 21w equivalent LED replacement bulbs for my indicators.

I have never been happy with the brightness of the Yamaha bike indicator lamps I fitted.

I just fitted them and they are at least 4 x brighter, really happy with them.

Got them from Classic Car LEDs Ltd.

www.classiccarleds.co.uk

Adrian

Re: LED replacement indicator bulbs

Thanks for that, I need to do the same.

edit: Just had a look, that’s a very confusing list of products, I can see I need the old ones in hand and a clear head!
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Yep or give them a bell they are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Adrian

Originally posted by David View Post
      Thanks for that, I need to do the same.

edit: Just had a look, that’s a very confusing list of products, I can see I need the old ones in hand and a clear head!

Comment

I have also been recommended Classic Led's and have just bought some H4 replacements. Arriving today allegedly.
        Not for my Roadster but for the Pembleton where the 20 amp Saprisa alternator struggles to keep up with the headlights. The LED H4's consume about 1.5amps each compared to the normal H4's 5 amps.

Cheers, Robin

Comment

Be aware that the MOT rules regarding LED bulbs has changed. If you fit LED bulbs to a light designed for old type bulbs it is a fail. You need to fit a complete light unit designed for LEDs or a friendly tester.

Comment

Originally posted by scott h View Post
            Be aware that the MOT rules regarding LED bulbs has changed. If you fit LED bulbs to a light designed for old type bulbs it is a fail. You need to fit a complete light unit designed for LEDs or a friendly tester.
            I think the rule you are referring to concerns headlights?

Comment

Correct, I have only gone LED on indicators, side lights and brake light.

Adrian

Originally posted by greyV8pete View Post
              I think the rule you are referring to concerns headlights?

Comment

Oh and numberplate lights

Adrian

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                Correct, I have only gone LED on indicators, side lights and brake light.

Adrian

Comment

1573831647664.jpg

LED Bolts

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                  Oh and numberplate lights

Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by scott h View Post
                    Yes I know about that. I'll keep the old H4s just in case....
                    Cheers Robin

Comment

Nice, I did something similar on my Sportster, LED's all round except headlights and spotlights (I needed to change my flasher relay for one that didn't go mad though).

I also added 3rd level tail/stop/indicators on the seatbelt bar - tiny ones designed for motorbikes. Very effective particularly the additional indicators. https://www.marlinownersclub.com/for...and-indicators
                      BMW E30 Sportster 2005 - M20B28 - Build Log and Updates http://www.msportster.co.uk/
                      http://www.modelog.co.uk/
                      http://www.mustang67.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                      X