Chrome bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome bumpers

Has anyone tried to fit some chrome bumpers over the chassis bumpers? I’m wondering if something like pattern MG TD ones might fit, but I don’t want to buy some to find I can’t fit them!

Re: Chrome bumpers

Good morning, regarding bumpers for your Marlin , i made my ones in the shape of half an MG badge in alu, if you have a small fabricator with alu welding facilities
    they should not be to exspencive Rear is very simple ,one long piece , i kept mine plain ,have not decided on where the number plate should go, Front is in two parts short , up to the fibre glass for the number plate .if you fancy this idea ,i can make a drawing of the basic design and post it to you , they polish up well and you only see a small amount of the original

Comment

Thanks, I'd like to see your design - did you do anything at the ends ?

Comment

send me a private message with your phone number on ,i will contact you , yes i do something with the ends

Comment

Stainless steel exhaust tubing capped on one end of each piece to close the tube , then bond over the ends of the existing chassis tube. Neatens the look.

Comment

I put mirror polished stainless steel bumpers on mine. Just clamped to the original

Comment

Originally posted by A_Hogg View Post
              Stainless steel exhaust tubing capped on one end of each piece to close the tube , then bond over the ends of the existing chassis tube. Neatens the look.
              souns interesting- do you have a photo?

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi009 View Post
                I put mirror polished stainless steel bumpers on mine. Just clamped to the original
                Are they flat or curved?

Comment

On my previous Roadster I had attached Classic Mini chrome rear 1/4 bumpers to the front and full sized one to the rear. Will try to find a picture to show you what they looked like.

Adrian

Originally posted by brgdavid View Post
                  Are they flat or curved?

Comment

I could only find a picture of the front but both were curved

RUO556N.jpg

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                    On my previous Roadster I had attached Classic Mini chrome rear 1/4 bumpers to the front and full sized one to the rear. Will try to find a picture to show you what they looked like.

Adrian

Comment

Like this !
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yep, remember now, tried to cut the cost of re-chroming and painted the rear ones. Didn't work out as intended.

Should have had them chromed.

Adrian

Comment

Just looked online and you can get stainless steel ones.

Adrian

Comment

Thanks Adrian, I had thought about mini ones and went to mini technique recently (they're close by) to try one up against the marlin. The one they gave me to try (a back bumper) had such a strong curve it wouldn't have worked , but yours looks almost flat. Was it a front perhaps? The other I think might fit,but haven't tried, is a frogeyed sprite front as they look flat too.

Comment

I've just looked online again and the mini front and back are the same part, so both curved. I wonder if yours was from a mini van ?
                              Last edited by brgdavid; 30-05-22, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X