Boot rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot rack

Are our ‘boots’ strong enough to take a rack on top - I doubt it so I wonder what you’ve done to strengthen before fitting (mark 1 vitesse based)

Re: Boot rack

I had a boot rack on my Marina based Roadster but the lower two legs were fitted to the rear 'bumper/ chassis rail' by extending those two legs. Never had a problem carrying a reasonable sized case.

Comment

I have a spare wheel mounted on my boot , i reinforced the inside with a large hard wood cross bonded in , over this is my luggage rack,the top mounts are as high up on the back as is possible ,then going down to a fixture on the rear bumper with supports in between , this is made from round alloy tube ,
      hope thiis helps ,good luck

Comment

Have a look here, posts 63 and 65 have some pics, and exhaust clamps are always good for attachments to the rear bumper :

Here you can keep up to date and help support club members who are currently building or renovating their cars.

Comment

In addition to my previous post when I extended the lower legs I incorporated two rose joints so that the boot rack could pivot out of the way for access to the spare wheel.

Comment

Working...
          X