Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you believe it ?

hi all
    well i have been buying dead old cars for years, fixing them up, getting them to pass mot standard and selling them on, usually at zero profit, but being retired its a sort of hobby.
    i usually do one car a year with an agenda of (in spite of any government) getting petrol cars back on the road that were otherwise going to the scrapheap.
    which leads me to my sierra based grey Berlinetta.
    so this was an unusual buy for me in so much as it runs and has an mot, basically i bought it because i always wanted a Sierra Berlinetta and they dont come up very often.
    there were a few things to do, like all kit cars , but one day i proudly took a mate out for a drive in it and he complained he couldn't open the window, so after struggling to get the corroded screws out holding the carpet on, which i think had been there since it was built, i took the mini window winder mechanism off , checked it out and it was all fine, looked at the bottom of the window glass and found both window runner parts that should be on the bottom of the glass were missing, both of them !!
    how was the window held up ? with a peg forced into the gap between the glass and the door.
    so this car looks like the runners were never fitted, there was no remains of them in the bottom of the door , they just were not there, and judging by the corroded screws, the glass runners have been missing for many many years...
    Would you believe it ?

found some on e bay, should be mobile again soon.

if you have found parts actually missing on your car when you bought it, why not reply and add it to this thread.. could make entertaining reading for all of us..
    4th Marlin owner
Working...
X