Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Roadster marina ital 1750 ALTERNATOR

Hi Fellow Members.
    My marina Based Roadster has snapped a fan belt, it was making a noise before it broke and i have noticed it is a lot quieter once it broke....
    The pulley on the Alternator is loose and wobbly, so I assume the Bearing on the Alternator has gone and it would be cheaper to get a new or a recon one.
    any thoughts or Adviseries are welcome.!

Re: Marlin Roadster marina ital 1750 ALTERNATOR

Originally posted by johnsamharte View Post
    Hi Fellow Members.
    My marina Based Roadster has snapped a fan belt, it was making a noise before it broke and i have noticed it is a lot quieter once it broke....
    The pulley on the Alternator is loose and wobbly, so I assume the Bearing on the Alternator has gone and it would be cheaper to get a new or a recon one.
    any thoughts or Adviseries are welcome.!
    The belt is unlikely to be a standard Marina/Ital.
    worth consedieri g upgrading the alternator whilst you can.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

You may be able to get a reconditioned alternator from an auto electrician.

Comment

Have you tried removing the alternator , putting in a vice that grips the pulley and checking that the nut hasn't worked loose?

Failing that if the bearing has gone, then you could pull it apart yourself and buy the bearing off ebay. Your current fitted bearing will probably have a part number stamped in it.

Comment

If the bearing has gone I suspect there's a fair chance the rest of it isn't in great shape. In which case I would buy a new one; probably no more expensive than reconditioned.

Try H Bowers (https://www.bowerspartsonline.co.uk/). I've found them resonably priced and good service. They have an eBay shop as well, which can sometimes be cheaper for the same thing. No idea why??

Comment

I had a similar problem, but on mine, the two sides of the pulley had become unwelded and had worn an oval hole. a new pulley sorted it.

Comment

Working...
            X