Passed its MOT and First Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed its MOT and First Drive

After spending the winter turning cardboard boxes of bits into empty boxes, a large Marlin shaped lump appeared in the garage.
    With no more parts to fit, it was off to the local garage (about 5 miles each way) for a look over and an MOT.

Marlin MOT Time.jpg

This was my first ever drive of a Marlin and it was with a healthy dose of trepidation and a fire extinguisher, that I set off for the garage.
    I shouldn't have worried, trundled there and back without issue and received an advisory free mot.
    As a reward I treated it to the first wash in my ownership and admired my handiwork.

Marlin MOT Time 02.jpg

Verdict: Lots of jobs still to do, but should be fun for the summer

Re: Passed its MOT and First Drive

Well done Ian....and it WILL be fun for the Summer

Comment

Thats awesome, I wish I still had the time, money, blah, blah, to get stuck into a project and get that ‘first drive’ feeling again.
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

My original goal was to get the car to Stoneleigh earlier this month, sadly I failed by a couple of weeks.

It's first trip out is going to be the Coleshill Auto Breakfast meet this Sunday.
        Guess I will spend today deciding which tools I need to squeeze into the back "just in case"

Comment

After almost 2 years off the road, my Cabrio passed its MOT just a week AFTER Stoneleigh. Interestingly, despite having a non-functioning speedometer, it still passed: apparently the speedo must be present....but doesn't have to actually work...for the purposes of MOT ! Since then the dashboard has been "in" and "out" many times, fixing the "you left your lights on" buzzer and other bits relating to the PAS, but today I tool it out for its first proper "run-out" / shakedown. The first distance trip will be in a fortnights' time ... the Newfold Farm weekend in Edale.

Comment

Well done Bill ! See you at Edale

Rgds DC

Comment

Originally posted by [COLOR=#333333
              my Cabrio passed its MOT just a week AFTER Stoneleigh. Interestingly, despite having a non-functioning speedometer, it still passed: apparently the speedo must be present....but doesn't have to actually work...for the purposes of MOT [/COLOR]
              Yep similar for me, speedo isn't connected although this could be an advantage on a limited mileage policy

Had a great trip out with the Marlin today. Trundled up to Coleshill Auto Breakfast Meet in Tamworth,
              Breakfast01.jpg

had a bacon roll and a few interesting chats,
              Breakfast02.jpg
              then trundled home again
              This has however exposed a few issues:
              1. The Steering rack has some "stiff points"
              2. Need to revisit the Brake Master Cylinder as I think the Bore is too large, need bigger muscles in my leg....
              3. Side screens need to be looked into, boy is it windy over 40mph.
              and about 50 little niggles.
              A great trip out though.

Comment

Working...
              X