Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina Steering Rack Needed

Hi Everyone,
    I need a replacement Steering rack for my Marina based Roadster.
    Can anyone help or know somewhere in the Midlands that can rebuild my current unit?
    Many thanks.
    Ian

Re: Marina Steering Rack Needed

Originally posted by ian944 View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I need a replacement Steering rack for my Marina based Roadster.
    Can anyone help or know somewhere in the Midlands that can rebuild my current unit?
    Many thanks.
    Ian
    They are a bit like rocking horse poo I'm afraid. Not to difficult to rebuild yourself though. The main thing that wears out is an internal bush in which the rack slides. Available from the Morris Marina owners club.
    Cheers Robin

Comment

Hi Robin thanks for the response,
      I was beginning to think the same but "rocking horse poo" has just turned up on Ebay, in a job lot of marina parts, a Grill, bumper, Torsion bars, Clutch slave cylinder, steering column, flywheel and the all important steering rack.
      A bonus is this stuff is just 18 miles from me and a cheeky offer has been accepted.

If anyone needs any of the other stuff, please let me know.

Regards,
      Ian

Comment

Originally posted by ian944 View Post
        Hi Robin thanks for the response,
        I was beginning to think the same but "rocking horse poo" has just turned up on Ebay, in a job lot of marina parts, a Grill, bumper, Torsion bars, Clutch slave cylinder, steering column, flywheel and the all important steering rack.
        A bonus is this stuff is just 18 miles from me and a cheeky offer has been accepted.

If anyone needs any of the other stuff, please let me know.

Regards,
        Ian
        You are lucky! Although I have refurbished mine I have been looking for a spare for nearly 2 years!

Cheers, Robin

Comment

Refurbished Mk2 rack on e bay at present . Don't forget there were two racks referred to as MK1 and MK2 which had different sizes of mounting saddles. I understand you can fit either but will need the appropriate saddles and maybe the mounting holes elongated on chassis.

Comment

Working...
          X