X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabrio engine keeps stopping

Hi Terry,
    Just seen this post.
    I agree with Chris and would first renew the coil, they are about £30. I had a engine cutting out after 20 30 mins driving and it was the coil.
    Very easy job to do. We can often over analyse a problem. Try a new coil, for £30 it could save you an awful lot of work if it cures it, if not you have not laid out a fortune and it should improve the ignition . So nothing lost. It might solve the problem.
    Just my own opinion.

Regards mike

Comment

I agree entirely with Mike. Old coils have been known to fail when they get hot and, as Mike says, it's a relatively cheap part. If it's not the cause it's worth keeping a spare in the boot anyway. Having said that I used to keep a spare in my old Roadster but haven't got one in the Cabrio. Classic case of 'do as I say not as I do'.

Comment

FINAL UPDATE, ENGINE NOW FIXED
        after loads of trouble shooting on this engine keeps stopping issue , i finally found the problem, mainly because it wouldn't start at home one day and i had the tools and time to determine why.
        so i took the fuel pipe off the carb and no fuel came out when i cranked it over,
        i took the fuel pipe off the inlet to the pump and there was tons of fuel, so i removed the fuel pump and manually tried to get it to pump and it wouldn't pump at all, i put a new fuel pump on and the car now starts and drives much better than it ever has before
        i have carried out a few hundred mile trips and i can now declare it fixed, so in a few days i shall close this thread, but i must say thanks to all those that offered me advise it really helped me go in the right direction.
        Last edited by terryrscott; 20-07-22, 09:20 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes
        4th Marlin owner

Comment

It’s always great to see a problem solved. Enjoy the rest of the year in your Marlin. Paul

Comment

Working...
          X