Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic car show that turned into a Marlin meet…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic car show that turned into a Marlin meet…

Let Hill Classic Car Show in Bucks.
    Attached Files
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: Classic car show that turned into a Marlin meet…

That blue roadster has some unusual design decisions. The owner probably wanted to raise the engine & sump height for trials use but I've never seen another car with the overall bonnet raised like that. The roof looks very American T-bucket roadster inspired too.
    2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Re: Classic car show that turned into a Marlin meet…

Spoke to the guy at length he in his 70's and regularly does to trials.

He's very tall and wanted to raise the height of the windscreen so that his head was not above it so inserted some steel raising it by about 4 to 6 inches.

This is where I come in, because my windscreen has started to delaminate, he offered me his one if I collected it on that day. I bit his hand off and now have a spare,

The bonnet was raised so that he could have better ground clearance for the 2ltr Pinto.

The top, I didn't get round to asking him but I am sure there is a good reason which would be trials related.

Adrian

Originally posted by wiggiesworld View Post
      That blue roadster has some unusual design decisions. The owner probably wanted to raise the engine & sump height for trials use but I've never seen another car with the overall bonnet raised like that. The roof looks very American T-bucket roadster inspired too.

Comment

Working...
      X