New to me Cabrio,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me Cabrio,

Nothing dramatic. I met Danny Nelson today to collect a very clean 2L cabrio from him.
    A true gent, he picked me up from the rail station in Birmingham before thoroughly explaining the car before my departure foe the 136 mile drive north home to Lancashire.
    No drama on the way back. She ran without a hiccup.
    Safely tucked in the garage for tonight along with my other car. As far removed as they can be. One old school and the other full electric.
    PXL_20220914_161945544.jpg

Re: New to me Cabrio,

Hi Tomcat,
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Marlins. I can tell you enjoyed the drive home.

I have a hybrid and a Marlin. The driving experience could not be more different. The hybrid insists I do things its way. I have to put on my seat belt put my foot on the brake, press a button and select a gear before I can move. It warns me if the steering wheel is not straight ahead. It shakes the steering wheel if it thinks I’m too close to the kerb or white line. It controls when the lights or wipers are needed. It can even take control and keep the car at a safe distance from the car in front. I have to keep asking what the heck is it complaining about now!

The Marlin tells me nothing. It responds to my control immediately. It never judges or complains.

There’s only one car I leave with a smile on my face.
    Paul

Comment

Re: New to me Cabrio,

I was the owner of your Cabrio until last Wednesday and I’m delighted Danny has found a new home for it so quickly. I owned it since January 2019 and did about 8500 miles before selling it. It was great to own and drive and I only sold it because I had the opportunity to buy the V6 Cabrio owned by Alan Hogg. I am very grateful to Danny for making it happen.

Hope you enjoy your time with it and please get in touch if you have any questions about it. I know the car inside out - literally.

Comment

Working...
      X