Peak District Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peak District Meet

Hi all. It is with considerable regret that I have had to ask Geoff (editor) to remove the Peak District Meet from the list of regular venues in Pitstop. Due to dwindling attendance over the last twelve months the numbers have fallen below what is viable to justify inclusion. My thanks to everyone who has visited Sheldon over the last approx 15 years, there have been many enjoyable, and sometimes less so in winter, moments. Best wishes David.

Re: Peak District Meet

Sad to read your post, David.
    Though not a short journey for us we were always made welcome and enjoyed the company and lunch at the Cock and Pullet in addition to being grateful for the fire after braving the hills in driving rain, sleet or snow!
    Thank you for co-ordinating this meet for what has been quite a few years.
    Regards John and Evelyn

Comment

Hi John. Thanks for your kind comments, will no doubt catch up with you at other events. Every thing has a finite life-span. Regards David

Comment

Many thanks for hosting this meet for all these years. Perhaps we could meet up occasionally, perhaps in the Spring?
        Liz & Doug

Comment

Thanks Liz. By all means, look forward to that. Enjoy the cruise. Regards David.

Comment

Thanks for hosting for all these years , and yes why not get together on occasion . You're always welcome here should you be in the vicinity.
            Regards Alan and Alison

Comment

Total appreciation and thanks too from Liz and I, there have been many memorable times at Sheldon.

Personally, I worry when people start talking about finite life spans !

Cheers DS from DC+1

Comment

Originally posted by copperleaves11 View Post
                Hi all. It is with considerable regret that I have had to ask Geoff (editor) to remove the Peak District Meet from the list of regular venues in Pitstop. Due to dwindling attendance over the last twelve months the numbers have fallen below what is viable to justify inclusion. My thanks to everyone who has visited Sheldon over the last approx 15 years, there have been many enjoyable, and sometimes less so in winter, moments. Best wishes David.
                Have you thought about trying to extend the invite to other similar vehicles, kit or classic cars in general. I’ve done this here in Bucks and got a reasonable turnout for meets with some 10-30+ showing up at an all marques meet. Happy to PM you the details, maybe you could even piggy back off the systems we have in place already if you really want to continue to do something.

David.
                - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Thanks DC+1. Will catch up in due course. Hope the current project is coming together OK. Regards David

Comment

Thanks David, a very good suggestion and with the right sort of circulation would be a winner. Maybe something to consider when we get past Christmas. Appreciate the input. Regards DS

Comment

Why is low attendance a reason for removing the meet from the list? David's idea looks sound and worth a try, possibly a mention in the Kit Car press. Good luck.

Comment

I don't see why dwindling numbers should stop a meet from being advertised unless a room has to be booked. As David suggested opening up to other makes is good. Maybe a 'Kit car group'. Also advertising in Kit car magazines. When two or more are gathered together, we have a meet. Are the few still meeting anyway?

Comment

David;s Idea is an excellent one, classic vehicles, anything basically of interest would be good. Anybody volunteering to arrange it?

Comment

Working...
                          X