Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member in Staffordshire

Hi There

I'm new to Marlin ownership. I've considered buying one for a while, and done the usual internet ogling; and viewed one, which I decided against for various reasons.

At Stoneleigh in May, I was having a look at the cars in the Marlin area, and for some reason was drawn to a beige Roadster. No-one knew who it belonged to, so I couldn't find out anything about it. I even returned later in the day, to be told that someone had driven it away while your meeting was taking place, so I was none the wiser, but I kept thinking about it.

So when I noticed in August that it was for sale, it seemed inevitable that I'd buy it. Not perhaps the most logical way of sourcing a car, but sometimes I can overthink things, so this made a change!

Anyway it is a Marina TC car, correctly registered as a 1972 Marlin. I can't seem to upload a picture, but it is the one in the recent 'does anyone know this car' thread in the Roadster forum.

So far it appears to be an honest example; it drove the 75 miles back home without issue, and used it a couple of times, before the solenoid failed. I've now resolved that problem (Mark's Auto Electrical, Burslem, Stoke on Trent - great service) so I'll have a few trips prior to the Winter lay up, I hope.

Look forward to meeting more members in the Spring

Re: New member in Staffordshire

Welcome Yellowbelly. It's a good and well known car, email me (as in Pitstop) and I can give you the history.

Rgds Dave Cunnington Club Archivist

Comment

Aha - I wondered who bought it. I was due to see it the following day.
      It did look to be an excellent example. I am sure it will do well for you.
      Cheers Robin

Comment

I was just looking at that car in my saved list on Facebook, well done, smart looking car. Welcome.
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Thanks for the encouraging comments. There have been a couple of little issues so far, as expected, but it seems to be a fairly honest car.

I look forward to meeting other members, although that probably won't be until the Spring.

Comment

Hello from over the hills in Buxton.

If you're ever in town, drop in for a brew
            Best Wishes
            Bill Williams
            Berlinetta

[/COLOR]Click here for The nearest thing I have to a home page

Comment

welcome yellowbelly, enjoy your new Marlin!
              BMW E30 Sportster 2005 - M20B28 - Build Log and Updates http://www.msportster.co.uk/
              http://www.modelog.co.uk/
              http://www.mustang67.co.uk/

Comment

Tamworth here if you are passing.

Comment

Working...
                X