Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New member in Bristol

1. #11 Re: New member in Bristol 
    club member Club Member
    The funny thing is, you probably bought it because of the engine, and it was the very thing I was concerned about having had plenty of experience with Marlins, but none of Alfa twincams!
    Cheers Robin
    Last edited by martinclan56; 25-11-2022 at 04:34 PM.

2. #12 Re: New member in Bristol 
    That is funny, I did buy it mostly because of the engine, but also once I realised that Marlin roadsters are very similar to the old Alfa Romeo 6C Gran Sport from the 1930s, I was hooked! And I don't know any other kit cars that use the Alfa twin cam.

Alfa also recreated the 1930's 6C Gran Sport in the 1960's with the lovely Quattroruote Gran Sport Zagato, which also looks similar to the Marlin Roadster, and has the 105 series Alfa twin cam engine. Only around 90 cars were built.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_R...t_Quattroruote

An Italian coach builder Pettenella also recreated the 6C Gran Sport in the 1970s with the Leontina Sport Zagato roadster also using 105 series Alfa twin cam. Only 20 cars were built.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/14487/lot/257/

I'm dead chuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by martinclan56 View Post
    The funny thing is, you probably bought it because of the engine, and it was the very thing I was concerned about having had plenty of experience with Marlins, but none of Alfa twincams!
    Cheers Robin
    Last edited by jicousins; 26-11-2022 at 11:05 AM. Reason: info updated