SVA and Front Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVA and Front Bumper

Hi all, yea me again. What type of front bumper do pepole use. I have a Stainless one but it is no good for SVA (flat surfaces are a no no).
    What else have people used?
    Car is getting there just finished all front end, new wing supports made with tube work well to feed wires up.
    Once I am through test I am going to have a load of parts, for SVA. (will donate through here to help others with bits that once through test would not dream of driving round with on car)!
    Looking forward to stripping car back down for paint job, looks a mess a moment?

Re: SVA and Front Bumper

Hi Peter,
    I used the standard bumpers on Millie, a Cabrio, but had to put u-channel around it. The bumpers are 5 mm thick and radiused so it was a bit harsh to fail her on it. Still it was easier to fit the cover than argue. With luck photo attached.
    Paul

Comment

Hi Peter,
      I would be interested to find out how you get on with the SVA. With a bit of luck I will be ready by the end of January and then like you strip it down ready for the paint job. Just finished raising seat belt brackets and fitting bear claw latches.

Comment

Hi
        Intrested to know how you raised seatbelt brackets, I have some harnesses to fit would prefer to keep belts if possible. Thought I would have finished by now but got side tracked fitting 5 speed box that came my way.
        If you need anything just drop me a mail at work
        pnutter (at) ulmapackaging.co.uk
        I have spent many hours on front end to tidy sidelight and side repeator wires. Also adding SVA nut covers what a bind

Comment

Working...
        X