INFO ON MK1 CARS and HYBRIDS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INFO ON MK1 CARS and HYBRIDS.

I built/owned LUR 191H Triumph based with doors 1300 Spifire engine. Old English White with red leather interior. Sold it when the kids arrived on the scene - would love to know where it is now.... I only have \"real\" pictures - nothing electronic - sorry

Robin

Re: INFO ON MK1 CARS and HYBRIDS.

Ben,

Might have helped if you included your email add.

I could then send you some info on my 21 year old hybrid.

Comment

Hi Robin, I have a pic of your car at Stoneleigh some years back. Sadly only info I have is when you owned it via the TSSC. But you never know!! watch this space.
      Hi Neil, I thought everyone new about me! Email b.caswell(at)virgin.net Snail 31 Park Grove Bexleyheath Kent DA7 6AA. Tel 01322 553354. Looking fwd to reply
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Ben,

Sorry mate, of course I do know. It was early and I'd only just got up on my day off !!!.

Comment

Hi Ben, here's the details of my car:
          Car: SWB Triumph Roadster
          Reg: MNA2G
          Chassis no: 1279
          Engine: Fiat Twin Cam 1585cc
          Doors: yes
          Colour: Black (body), Silver (wings)
          Spare wheel: left side of bonnet
          I've attached a copule of photos, but many more are avail on www.tiyen.com and there's a youtube.com video of my engine rebuild this summer. Just search for marlin roadster...

Best regards,
          Ty

Comment

Hi Ben, details of my car.
            I am just rebuilding my triumph-based roadster after its been sitting in a barn for 25 years, it has a 1300 engine and is currently red.
            She hasn?t got doors at the moment but I am thinking about installing some and changing the colour. The registration number is PUD 984F, I have been all over the car taken everything apart, and half way through the rebuilding but still cant find any Marlin chassis number. It?s definitely a Marlin chassis but not numbers.
            I have attached some Photos of the car before I started and what stage I am at now.
            Also if anyone knows where I can get a par of MK1 doors then I will be gratefully, if not I will have to build them.

Comment

Images didnt attach so Ive resized them

Comment

Hi Ty and Paul, Many thanks for info, Paul I will try and post the diagrame for the chassis number. As your car was slab sided the chassis is different below the screen frame and Im not sure factory doors will fit. However more than one owner has cut away the top rail and fitted their own door. Plywood skinned with alloy would work. I would advise leaving large overlaps on the side panel cut out so that you can construct a nice folded return on the shuts.you will also need to construct a stengthened bottom edge/sill plate and door latch area. Easy really!

Comment

Well easier than trying to attach pics. I have sent sue a copy to reduce. But if you send me your email address I can send you the drawing of where the chassis number should be. If it was marked at the factory!!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC Editor)
                    Hi Guys

Here is the pic Ben wanted to show show all....

Comment

INFO ON MK1 CARS and HYBRIDS.

Wanted info on any MK 1 or Hybrid cars with a registration number. Owned now or in the past or knowledge of picture of ect. All details strictly for the register I am building upon behalf of the club.
                      Reg no
                      Chassis no (on chassis/body) not the Vin
                      Engine
                      Colour
                      Doors (Yes/NO)
                      Any pics appreciated old or recent. TA

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sean Treacy
                        Re:Info on mk1 cars and Hybrids..
                        Hi Ben,I have two roadsters 1LWB MG 1800.with twin webers and o/d box.Chassis no.1442.Color Red.Reg.CUY912N
                        1 SWB Pinto 1800 With 5Speed box. Color Green.
                        Reg No.UBV 855P.If anyone has any history on my two motors
                        please pass it on. Rgds. Sean Treacy.
                        PS. Will try to get some pics for you.

Comment

Ben
                          i think you have some details of my car. LPU654J. Cant find any numbers stamped on it anywhere. There was a sticky label type plate which had the chassis no from the original donar car(1971 herald 1360.) i will get some photos to you when it is completed which will hopefully be early next year. next big job is the wiring after final fitting of the bodywork and windscreen.

Comment

Working...
                          X