Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.0 vauxhall 16v redtop + omega box - what diff / rear axle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0 vauxhall 16v redtop + omega box - what diff / rear axle?

Has anyone gone down the vauxhall route? If so what changes were required? I have the engine and box sitting about but don't know what else would be required. Any input welcomed...

Cheers, and merry christmas,
    G.

Re: 2.0 vauxhall 16v redtop + omega box - what diff / rear axle?

Not aware of this being done[as yet] but would think you'd need a Dolly Sprint axle to handle that power.Best to talk to Lee Hunter as that's what he has in his Lotus powered roadster.Sounds good though if you can engineer it in!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Lee
      I looked at the 16v Vauxhall unit before I opted for the Lotus engine. Very basic measuring of the engine bay and it would appear that it would fit without a problem carbs or injection.I would recomend a stronger rear axle thought panard rod and anti tram bars

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don
        Please check this out before spending money. I seem to remember that the live axle off the old rwd celica was a) very strong and b) used the mgb stud spacing on the hubs. You would need marina van 10 cwt van front hubs to match.

Yeehaar found the link: http://www.beardmorebros.co.uk/website%20pages/dads_convertible_page3.htm

Comment

Working...
        X