MARLIN SWB 1800 B SERIES & DOLOMITE O/D GEARBOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARLIN SWB 1800 B SERIES & DOLOMITE O/D GEARBOX

HAS ANY ONE FITTED A DOLOMITE SPRINT 1850 OVERDRIVE GEARBOX TO A MARINA 1800 B SERIES ENGINE ?. IF SO WHAT IS INVOLVED TO INCLUDE ANY MAJOR/MINOR ISSUES AND DETAILS AS I HAVE JUST BOUGHT THE GEARBOX AND I DO NOT WANT TO WASTE ANY MORE MONEY AND TIME IF THIS IS A FAILURE FROM THE START.

REGARDS.......BOB JACKSON

Re: MARLIN SWB 1800 B SERIES & DOLOMITE O/D GEARBOX

Message originally posted by: Danny Nelson.
    If my memory serves me correctly the late Peter Hare completed a full write up on this for Technical Tips,a copy of this would still be available. Has anyone got a copy to hand? and could they confirm?

Comment

Hi Bob. There is an article in Tech Tips about Dolomite gearboxes etc. Contact me if you want a copy. Regards Liz

Comment

Hi Bob
        I also have a copy of article if required-if you go into search dated 30th June 05 as a response to a question from Tony Wylde you will glean some info from that

Comment

Hi Liz. That would be great if you get me that info. cheers....Bob

Comment

Just to clear this up... I have told Bob but overdrive box from the Sprint is not suitable because the bellhousing is part of the box as it evolved from the TR6.
            If you want to build up the Marina box with an overdrive mainshaft you need the right one IE Single rail(rev right and forward)you may get away with using an early Dolomite1500 3 rail (Rev left and forward)but you would need to be knowing what your doing to get the thrust clearnces right.either way you also need the correct O/D J type for single rail D type for 3 rail.
            If you chance using the whole Dolly1850 box its a bit of a close call with the clutch plate sitting right on the end of the splines. Although you could improve this a little by facing off both faces of the bellhousing a little, but then you would have to make sure there is enough room in the flywheel for the tip off the input shaft and the bottom bolt into the gearbox would need shortening or packing.
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

TO ALL THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWERS AND IT SEEMS TO BE A VERY EXPENSIVE COVERSION WHEN I DID SOME MORE RESEARCH. BUT I HAVE A THOUGHT OF FITTING A 2 LT PINTO AND A TYPE 9 GEARBOX OF WHICH I HAVE BEEN OFFERED CHEAP.

CHEERS.........BOB

Comment

Working...
              X