Door Seal Rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Seal Rubber

This may be a silly question? Where screen supports come down how do you fit door seal rubber, do you cut to allow for step in door or is there another rubber profile to put around the bottom?
    I always thought that the door seal was to be in one piece with the joint at the bottom?

Re: Door Seal Rubber

Hi Peter.

Just been out in the garage to have a look-see! On mine (and I guess it's typical), the door seal is in two separate parts.

The main length runs from window-cill level (ie: where the door meets the window frame), down, along, and back up to the cill height again - ie: an elongated 'U'. There is a SEPARATE short length which runs up the vertical windscreen frame.

This short piece is held by (pushed on to) a shaped ali plate which is screwed onto the insides of the screen uprights. This plate has a step on it so that this piece of door seal is positioned further OUT than the rest of the door seal - this allows it to fit neatly against the door window frame (which, if you look, is stepped further in than the rest of the door).

I hope this makes sense! Happy to send photos if you wish (will need an email address) or I can try posting them on here (tho' other's have had probs with file size).

Just let me know.

Comment

Working...
    X