Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-Series oil flow problem

Message originally posted by: Don
    My B Series engine has a separate external oil pipe to the head. This is strange why would anyone do this?. For reasons too complicated to go into here I have had to remove this pipe, and now the head and rockers are getting no oil at all, needless to say the engine can\'t be run in this state. So the question is what has happened to the oil pathway in the block? I know that the head is fed from a drilling from the rear most camshaft bearing, why would this fail? How? and would this have been done deliberately?

(No it is nothing to do with offset oil feeds to the rocker pedestal)

Re: B-Series oil flow problem

Triumph engines have a mod that is supposed to improve the lube to the rockers. Could be the original passage was plugged or there is no hole the head gasket or the cam shaft has a bearing shell and it may have spun and blocked the drilling.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks Ben, I was beginning to think along those lines although it is definately not the gasket.

going to replace the oil feed pipe as soon as I have made a fitting. The little bronze elbow that connects the pipe to the head cannot be screwed in with the head in place. And I am not taking the bu***r off again.

Comment

Is the rocker shaft clear? Not heard of this mod before with external pipe -why anyone would introduce this is beyond me as normal supply should be sufficient

Comment

Rocker shaft is clear. I have made a fitment and reinstalled the pipe and She now has oil galore. Running fine.

Comment

Hi Don
            Only one of the rocker shafy pedestals is drilled to alow oil to pass up from the cylinder head. If the shaft has been built in the wrong way the oil passage will be blocked

Comment

My head is of the later type with the "offset oil feed" So there is no problem there. Anyhow the problem has been fixed and the car runs well. Wheelspin in second!

Comment

Working...
              X