Machine Mart VAT free weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Mart VAT free weekend

If anyone is considering upgrading or new garage equipment then Machine Mart have VAT free this weekend.
    Just treated myself to a new Clarke MIG welder saving £50. Sold my old SIP gasless MIG and old Draper arc welder on fleabay a few weeks back and been waiting for this opportunity. Anyone needs me I will be in the garage :-)

Re: Machine Mart VAT free weekend

I'll be slightly annoying and say there's no such thing as a VAT free offer, as consumers we have to pay VAT, what they mean is they've reduced their prices to an amount that when VAT is added it's the old pre VAT price... then I'm sure you all know that!

The up side for us self employed is that we can buy at the reduced price and still claim the VAT back!
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Thanks David, that knocked the edge off it, I thought I had a bargain there. Not really I did know that as in the invoice, VAT is still applied. Got £50 off anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by meverett View Post
        Thanks David, that knocked the edge off it, I thought I had a bargain there. Not really I did know that as in the invoice, VAT is still applied. Got £50 off anyway.
        You still got it cheaper...
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
        X