Rgds DC

Comment

• Re: Roadster Rebuild Diary from Cornwall

Looking good.

Keep up the good work.

Adrian

Comment

Thanks guys, may run out of nice weather for any more spraying but you never know so may as well get the da on the tub.
        I don’t want to secure the panels yet as I still have brake pipes, fuel and cooling to fit.

Comment

Nice job Martin. Like that colour.

Comment

Originally posted by h_m_cumming View Post
            Nice job Martin. Like that colour.
            Thanks Hugh

Comment

DC, I now know what you meant by ‘enjoy the tub’ :-)
              I think the bonnet was easier.
              I thought that the fuel filler was too low so glassed and filled it in, I will fit it a bit higher up when I finish removing all the old paint.

DC9205B5-9592-4468-910B-6DB73A3CAF5F.jpeg

E63917BD-7E02-44BC-A0BA-6D9719C582A1.jpeg

Comment

Indeed, it's bigger than you think when you first start on it...I needed several recharges for my elbow grease when doing Q67
                Keep going, you'll beat it, and I think it's a good idea to lift the fuel filler position up. Rgds DC
                Attached Files

Comment

You had a different spare wheel mount than me. I have a fibre glass bowl that bolts down which I think is a water trap so want to look at alternatives.

Comment

I too had the same problem and I had one made up by a member on this site.

He regularly reads this forum but I wouldn't like to offer his services without his say so.

Adrian

Originally posted by meverett View Post
                    You had a different spare wheel mount than me. I have a fibre glass bowl that bolts down which I think is a water trap so want to look at alternatives.

Comment

Hi Adrian, don’t suppose you have a photo do you.
                      There was a metal one on eBay a while back but I missed the end of the auction, same guy that was selling the other body panels.
                      May make one myself just need to source some steel, better look in the skip at work again.

Comment

I will take the spare off tomorrow and take some photos.

Regards

Adrian

Originally posted by meverett View Post
                        Hi Adrian, don’t suppose you have a photo do you.
                        There was a metal one on eBay a while back but I missed the end of the auction, same guy that was selling the other body panels.
                        May make one myself just need to source some steel, better look in the skip at work again.

Comment

Great thanks,

Comment

Don't know whose pics these are, hope they help
                            I seem to remember a thread on here about this wheel carrier and I think it had some dimensions - worth a few minutes to look for it !
                            Or you could make educated guesses from these pics and my tub pic above
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by dcunn; 15-09-18, 11:03 PM.

Comment

That looks similar to the mount on my berly, if I get time today i'll take the spare off , measure it and take a pic! - it may be later in the week though, a hectic period on other fronts dawns!

Comment

Thanks for the pics. That looks the same as one that sold on eBay a couple of month ago.
                                I guess the dimensions will depend on the width of tyre. Matching up the studs will be a problems but they don’t have to be Marina, I replaced the rear hub on my daughters Kia last month and knocked the studs out to keep, the good old theory of ‘they may be handy one day’ may have paid off for a change.

Comment

Working...
                                X