• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MOC South West monthly meet

Originally posted by greyV8pete View Post
    Marlin SW Lunchtime Meet on October 11th 2015

Half Moon Inn, Sheepwash
    Sheepwash, Beaworthy, North Devon, EX21 5NE

12.00am for 12.30. Please let me know asap if you will be attending, either by PM or my contact details in Pitstop.

Also it’s the Hatherleigh Autojumble on Sunday 11th October! So if you are up early why not call in on the way and look for those much needed spares or widgets! It’s only 10 minutes from Sheepwash and gates open at 9.00am.

Hatherleigh Autojumble details:

For full details about this and the November meet click on the red sw meets button at the top of the forum page.

Peter.
    Bump! Don't forget it's tomorrow! 2 replies so far. Anyone else coming to the Sheepwash lunch? Peter.

Comment

An excellent meal at the Half Moon and many thanks to David & Judy for making the trek down from Somerset to keep me company.

Hope to see more SW faces at Shepton Mallet next month Click on the SW Meets button for full details. Peter.

Comment

Thanks Peter for arranging the meeting, a very good meal,[my Steak and mushroom with Guinness pie was excellent], well worth the effort of a nearly 2 hour drive down some pretty country lanes, a shame we were down on numbers. We do not do Motorway and going home we went from Copplestone to Tiverton, narrow roads but well worth the experience !!! We have now travelled over 5,000 miles this year, insurance renewal just come through for 7,000 miles, European Full Comprehensive cover plus Breakdown for £91 !!!!!Judy & David.

Comment

I feel a thread Hijack coming!!
          Hi David
          Can I ask who you insured with please although I don't envisage another European trip next year you never know!!
          £91 Quid sounds reasonable to me
          Regards
          Bryan
          Stapley Bryan

Comment

Quick answer, Peter James. Bryan please ring Peter Licence. David.

Comment

Thanks David
              Have hooked up with Peter via PM

Cheers

Bryan
              Stapley Bryan

Comment

Hi Peter
                I will be at the Shepton Mallet show all day on the 7th with my current Marin build project on display.Have a good day on the 8th.
                Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MikePeel View Post
                  Hi Peter
                  I will be at the Shepton Mallet show all day on the 7th with my current Marin build project on display.Have a good day on the 8th.
                  Mike
                  Hi Mike.

Many thanks for the info. Hope you have a good day too. Peter.

Comment

Don’t forget the SW Meet is at the Classic Car and Restoration Show Shepton Mallett this Sunday 8th November! I will be in the bar at 12.30am. I have decided to take my 1955 Sunbeam Talbot Mk3 as it did so well on the trip to Monte Carlo this year, but I will be wearing a Marlin cap to confuse everyone! Hope to see some SW Marlineers there. Peter.

Comment

I was at the show on the Apple County Kit Car Show stand together with the Roadster build of Mike Peel. Lots of interest in our Marlins and the surprise of the day was to see Ben Caswell, Danny Nelson, Andrew Curtis and friend. Peter and John Licence were also there, so a very enjoyable "Marlin Owners Meet" over a drink. A very nice weekend, a couple of new Marlin owners, one has a Roadster being delivered from Cornwall today, another one being imported from France shortly, to be used for "Trials". Other people said, seeing Mike's build and my finished car, gave them the incentive to make the effort to put their neglected cars back on the road. A great show. The only downside was, both Danny and Ben were in "Tintops", that must be a first !!!!!! David.

Comment

Good to see everyone new and old and some "interesting!!!!!!" projects on the go. 300 miles in a bran new series 3 wasn't a down side for me and no its not mine. ;-)
                        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Good to see everyone, I enjoyed the chat, and the drink! I intend to do it again sometime. We are fortunate that there are members who come forward and give their time to organize these local meets. So a big thank you to all of you.

Comment

Good to see you all at Shepton Mallett show, especially Danny and Ben from afar. Also very pleasing to see Andrew back in the UK and with his Sportster on the road again.

Regarding the strange "mystery rebuild" Marlin Cabrio. Did anyone work out what the front suspension was taken from? At least it would allow better cooling with that larger radiator! Peter.

P.S. Next SW Meet will be on Sunday 13th December at the Haynes Festive Food & Gift Fayre, Haynes International Motor Museum, Sparkford.

I will update the SW Meets page with full details as soon as a login issue is sorted. Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by greyV8pete View Post
                              Good to see you all at Shepton Mallett show, especially Danny and Ben from afar. Also very pleasing to see Andrew back in the UK and with his Sportster on the road again.

Regarding the strange "mystery rebuild" Marlin Cabrio. Did anyone work out what the front suspension was taken from? At least it would allow better cooling with that larger radiator! Peter.

P.S. Next SW Meet will be on Sunday 13th December at the Haynes Festive Food & Gift Fayre, Haynes International Motor Museum, Sparkford.

I will update the SW Meets page with full details as soon as a login issue is sorted. Peter.
                              Peter

Do you have any photos of the mystery build suspension?

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Peter

Do you have any photos of the mystery build suspension?

Mike
                                Hi Mike. I have sent you a PM. Hope your mailbox is clear now? Peter.

Comment

Working...
                                X